It’s easy to eat vegan in and around Kalamazoo! Below are some of our favorite vegan caterers and bakers. If you know of a business that should be included please email me. And when you frequent the below businesses, please tell them Vegan Kalamazoo sent you! – Hillary
- Amazing Taste, Amazing Grace. (Based in Paw Paw; 269-655-8899.) Gluten-free and vegan baked goods, ranging from custom order cakes, pies, cupcakes, and more. More info.
- Bert’s Bakery. (309 River St., Kalamazoo; 269-349-2091 AND 4419 S. Westnedge Ave., Kalamazoo; 269-349-2091.) Bakery with vegan options for cakes and cupcakes. More info.
- Brandie’s Cakes & Candies. (Based in Plainwell; 269-532-9978 or message on Facebook.) Custom cakes, cupcakes, cookies, cake pops, and more, with vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free options. More info.
- Free Love Bakery. (Online only; 269-216-3777.) Gluten free bakery with vegan options, including baking mixes and cook books. More info.
- Insomnia Cookies. (2905 S Howard St, Kalamazoo; 269-220-6433.) Offers three types of vegan cookies. Open till 3 am and delivers! More info.
- Lauren’s Sweet Creations. (Based in Portage; 269-447-1398 or message on Facebook.) Cakes and donuts (yay!) with vegan options. More info.
- Layla’s Cool Pops. (1336 Portage St., Kalamazoo; 269-767-8499.) Cake pops, cupcakes, and other baked desserts. More info.
- Peaceful Pastries. (Based in Marshall; text (269) 753-4332 or message on Facebook.) Bakery that is exclusively vegan. Offers everything from breads, raised yeast doughnuts, special order cakes, pies and dessert trays for any event. GF available. By order only. Free delivery in Calhoun county and small fee to Kalamazoo. More info.
- Petty Crocker Confections. (746 Forest St., Kalamazoo, (269) 338-9523.) Made-to-order baked goods, vegan and gluten-free options. More info.
- Rise Authentic Baking Co. (1220 Fulton St. West, Grand Rapids, (616) 288-7969.) An entirely gluten free, vegan, and soy free bakery offering sweet baked goods, as well as toast selections & smoothie bowls. Will make custom cakes to order. More info.
- The Victorian Bakery. (116 W. Crosstown Pkwy Ste 102, Kalamazoo; 269-553-6194.) Most breads here are vegan. More info.
- NOTE: The local cafes also offer vegan baked goods if you’re looking for a quick sweet treat.
- Creative Catering Services. (57649 Murray St., Mattawan; 269-615-2904). Family-run and locally sourced catering services out of Mattawan. No set menu and able to cater to multiple needs, including vegan and gluten free, upon contact. More info.
- Cumin Indian Cuisine. (3321 Stadium Drive, Kalamazoo; 269-372-6900). Family-owned Indian restaurant with multiple vegan options for catering. More info.
- Food Dance. (401 E. Michigan Ave. #100, Kalamazoo; 269-382-1888). Locally sourced restaurant with vegan options for catering. More info.
- The Goods. (Based in Kalamazoo; 269-366-7654 or message on Facebook.) Vegan menu changes weekly – entrees, soups, sides, and desserts (including BBQ jackfruit, tacos, sushi, pasta, and more). Available for pickup or delivery. More info.
- Meatless Melanin. (Based in Kalamazoo; 269-264-8184). 100% vegan menu available for pickup or delivery. Vegan comfort/soul food including loaded nachos, chili & cornbread, fried donuts, and more. More info.
- Chef Denise Miller. (Kalamazoo; 269-873-6825). More info.
- Chef Joshua Musinski. (Kalamazoo; email@example.com) Vegan chef, baker, and farmer specializing in locally sourced ingredients.
- One Balanced Box. (Kalamazoo; firstname.lastname@example.org) Meal plans, school lunches, and weekly meal prep, as well as other vegan and healthy products! Full list can be found on their Facebook. More info.
- Organic Gypsy. (No set address – a food truck! 269-208-4805). You may have seen the food truck for Organic Gypsy at the Farmer’s Market, and they cater as well! Locally sourced foods and ability to accommodate to multiple diets, including vegan options. More info.
- Chef Paul Vugteveen. (Kalamazoo, MI / 503 Military St., Springfield, MI; 269-220-0915). Private Chef exclusively offering small batch vegan food including pies, cakes, pastries, breads, cheezes and more! More info.
- Stuart Avenue Inn. (229 Stuart Ave., Kalamazoo, MI; (269) 342-0230). B&B in lovely Victorian home in historic district convenient to colleges and downtown Kalamazoo. Very vegan friendly, offers complete vegan breakfasts and vegan catering for weddings and other events. More info.
- Zooroona. (1710 West Main St., Kalamazoo; 269-382-4444). Middle Eastern restaurant with many vegan dishes, catering available. More info.